Thank you for your interest in getting involved with Habitat for Humanity of Ontario County. Our volunteers play a vital role in realizing the mission of Habitat – creating a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to live.
There are many opportunities to get involved with us, including the following:
- Construction Volunteering – pitching in on the build site. We are currently scheduling work days on Wednesdays and Fridays (read more).
- Committee Volunteering – join one of our many committees, and lend your distinctive skills to help us achieve goals and make a difference in our community (read more).
- Office Volunteering – give us a hand in the office with a variety of tasks (read more).
- ReStore Volunteering – get involved at our retail store and help support the financial goals of our organization (read more).
Click the button above to sign-up online!
If you have questions or need assistance, please call our Volunteer Coordinator (585) 396-3600 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Description of Volunteer Opportunities:
- No skills are needed (but it’s great if you’ve got’em!); our Construction Supervisors are trained professionals who will walk you through your assigned tasks while volunteering.
- Availability of openings varies depending on workload, time of year, etc.
Age Restriction: No one under the age of 16 is allowed on our construction sites.
Houses aren’t built with hammer and nails alone. A lot of work happens before we ever get to the build site, and much of that work begins in our Committees. We are always looking for individuals with a variety of experience and skills to join our committees. It only takes a few hours of your time each month to make a world of difference to those in need.
- Site Selection
- Family Selection
- Family Support
- Public Relations
- Volunteer Relations
- Greeting and assisting customers in the store
- Organizing donations and displays
- Assisting at the sales counter
- Receiving donations or picking up donation on the truck
For more details about volunteering, visit the ReStore online.