Thank you for your interest in getting involved with Habitat for Humanity of Ontario County. Our volunteers play a vital role in realizing the mission of Habitat – creating a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to live.
Click the button above to sign-up online!
There are many opportunities to get involved with us, including the following:
- Construction Volunteering – pitching in on the build site. We are currently scheduling work days on Wednesdays and Fridays (read more).
- Committee Volunteering – join one of our many committees, and lend your distinctive skills to help us achieve goals and make a difference in our community (read more).
- Office Volunteering – give us a hand in the office with a variety of tasks (read more).
- ReStore Volunteering – get involved at our retail store and help support the financial goals of our organization (read more).
If you have questions or need assistance, please call our Volunteer Coordinator (585) 396-3600 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Description of Volunteer Opportunities:
- No skills are needed (but it’s great if you’ve got’em!); our Construction Supervisors are trained professionals who will walk you through your assigned tasks while volunteering.
- Availability of openings varies depending on workload, time of year, etc.
Age Restriction: No one under the age of 16 is allowed on our construction sites.
Houses aren’t built with hammer and nails alone. A lot of work happens before we ever get to the build site, and much of that work begins in our Committees. We are always looking for individuals with a variety of experience and skills to join our committees. It only takes a few hours of your time each month to make a world of difference to those in need.
- Site Selection
- Family Selection
- Family Support
- Public Relations
- Volunteer Relations
- Greeting and assisting customers in the store
- Organizing donations and displays
- Assisting at the sales counter
- Receiving donations or picking up donation on the truck
For more details about volunteering, visit the ReStore online.